First version of train set

• Traverse Team

First look at the train set, We will be adding the passenger carriage with seating, animations, sound and particle effects next.

http://traverse.world/media/videos/train.gif

• Traverse Team

Placement of track is done by clicking on terrain and this will create points. Tracks will automatically follow terrain. You can then drag these points up or down then click 'align' terrain and it will carve terrain to track.

• Awesome, a Transport Revolution incoming ^_^

• Traverse Team

We have almost finished the train set. Just adding junctions to the tracks and sound effects. Hope to have a short video up tomorrow :)

• Great. So eager to test the alpha. Its gonna be a blast :heart_eyes:

• Traverse Team

Thanks Liriel! Keep checking on forums as we plan to start adding small video clips showing various tools we have already added.

• Traverse Team

Finally finishing up the train system! Should hopefully have a video tomorrow sometime.

Here is a look at the first model train we added. Players will have the ability to change colors and material type - metal, gloss, glass, cloth, leather.

train.jpg

• Very cool :heart: I am waiting for more updates like a kid for candies lol.

• Traverse Team

Thanks Liriel! Looking forward to making the video.

It's actually very immersive sitting on the train and looking out the window. I really can''t wait till one day my train pulls into the station and a player hops on. Hope they have their ticket!

• Traverse Team

I think I'm getting tired of rewatching old steam machines on youtube ;-) that pic is already out of date ;-) I just added smaller back wheels to locomotive -- helps with sharp turns, and it appears lots of real ones actually have additional wheels there..

• Traverse Team

We have decided to put a bit more effort into the recording of the train system as we intend on putting Traverse up on Steam Greenlight soon and want to start building up a decent collection of videos.

So we have been busy tweaking foot alignment for characters and networking the train system. Almost finished, so hope to have something up soon.

Looks like your connection to Traverse Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.