What sort of mechanisms/tools would you like to see in Traverse?

• @Aztar yeah. Great design of a magical or mysterian city.. looks very attractive, and that we can go in all of these Houses .. wow..

Traverse = Fairytale + imagination(2)

• Awesome work guys, breath taking game i'm looking forward to play it
    i just have one question is there any rideble animals or creatures in the game or a follower like your own pet, like you can make it carry things customize him etc .
    and i loved the Chains of War amazing job :+1:

• @Moneer-The-First said:

Awesome work guys, breath taking game i'm looking forward to play it
    i just have one question is there any rideble animals or creatures in the game or a follower like your own pet, like you can make it carry things customize him etc .

and i loved the Chains of War amazing job :+1:

Hi Moneer! There is a thread here that talks about pets and companions. http://forum.traverse.world/topic/18/pets-taming

Currently temporary pets are planned. This means you will gain little animal followers during your adventures. That will be based off of a sort of Karma system involving your player and the animal species.

As for specific mounts, there will be jet packs, trains and other methods of transportation with animal mounts being considered later on. :)

• @Xulture In regards to the D&D grid thing, it sounds like that would only be available to someone who designs their own planet, or can design mode be accessed by others with permission or something?

It would be neat to have a class of planets that are GM ready, but it would probably cause problems if more than one person was in design mode at one time...

Alright, I've lost track of where I was going with this. Sounds interesting though!

• Traverse Team

That's interesting -- our plan was that you can allow friends to design/build planet with you -- so more than one person can be editing the world at the same time. That already works.

We didn't plan on having 'open to everyone' to design, but I think in this case, idea is to use 'GM ready' planet and just toggle grid visibility as needed.

I think we can come up with the way of doing that.. So this would be the same as normal planet, except AI doesn't play itself and your guests can use GM tools, without terraforming the land, placing objects and moving NPC markers.. Is that right?

• @Xulture yeah, something like that. It could be set up as sort of 'restricted design mode' but then there'll be issues with multiple game sessions running into each other, though that's probably not a concern until later when many people want to use a popular planet.

With as much as can be done, it might be better to have a simple version implemented, and later add some sort of option to download a copy of a GM ready planet for offline use. That way no two sessions run into each other. The planet copy could be limiting to using the functions needed for a game session, such as placing npcs+ PCs and opening/closing doors. This would also reduce the strain on the server a bit, as they would only have to download the world file once, then use their own computer's resources for everything else.

If you do decide to go this route, you could go all out and advertise it as a separate function completely. Make a watered down client for GM use, with only 'download world' and 'run game' as options, and allow state saving for the games.

• Traverse Team

@EternalSites Ohh yeah -- we plan to have offline mode -- this will serve several purposes, and this could be one indeed. In offline mode you have access to all building assets -- you don't have to harvest or loot all the materials, so that could also be good for GM Planets.

The only new concept here is ability to download someone else's planet into your offline planet. Person publishing GM Planet will just have to accept that everyone that gets their planet, can do whatever they want with it -- publish it as their own, make their own derivative GM Planets, etc..

• Hmm, for now...

1. Logic gate function maybe?

2. Timer

3. Custom skybox/clouds

4. Things like tornado, stormy weather, thunder and lightning...etc =D

(other things I can think of are something like "Player-made props" and "Cutscene maker" hehe)
    As always, thanks for all the info above~ go go team!

• Traverse Team

@screwysquid said:

Hmm, for now...

1. Logic gate function maybe?

2. Timer

3. Custom skybox/clouds

4. Things like tornado, stormy weather, thunder and lightning...etc =D

(other things I can think of are something like "Player-made props" and "Cutscene maker" hehe)
    As always, thanks for all the info above~ go go team!

Great suggestions! With the logic gates, would you have them as 3d objects in game world, or as part of some sort of schematic that executes invisible to 3d world?

We'll certainly have timers and triggers -- and these can be connected. Eg you can place a trigger box on the middle of bridge. When players enter the box, trigger will activate timer. Timer can then activate door or trap door..?

What we've currently built with weather customization, you can change quite a few settings that get reflected in the skybox composition, but we haven't added ability to upload custom textures. There are peculiar requirements for these -- they need to be quite large resolution 8192x4096, with longlat mapping. Question arises -- when do your guests download this texture? As they're landing to your planet? If we leave this as object distributed with the game, everyone will have all required textures, but you'd be limited to choose which of the pre-selected types of clouds you want to display..

Localized weather -- we haven't planned that feature yet, but we can always add it to our roadmap and see where it takes us. Perhaps we could combine them with triggers and timers too?

We intend to add ability to import your own FBX files, but there will be requirements in terms of number of materials, number of polygons/vertices, in addition to several in-game tools (like road and railroad tools, we'll also be working on house design/building tool soon).

Lastly, cutscene maker -- it may sound like a far reaching request, but this is something we already need ourselves. We can't use usual methods to create trailers and cut scenes since game world only exists at runtime. We've been thinking of adding that functionality already and will be available to players as well. Initial versions will be only with features required to capture from fluid following cameras, but later we'll be adding ability to choose when NPCs activate animations and sounds -- exactly what will be used to replay cutscenes,

• @Xulture Thanks for reply! Hmm I'd prefer the latter approach with logic gate function. (same goes for 'emitters' if ye devs intend to implement them in the future)

And no worries about the weather / skybox thing. I mentioned them more as "wishful thinking" and am just guessing they will be either hard to implement or take a lot of dev time & resources =)

Last but definitely not least, ohh so much possibilities with this game I'm excited hehe

Looks like your connection to Traverse Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.