What sort of mechanisms/tools would you like to see in Traverse?

• A lot of nature by nature. Trees in different kinds or rocks.. e.g. Jungle Look..
    Props for magicans/witchs/witchdoctors
    Tools to bring buildouts or npcs to live; to tell a story or else. (Script Editor)
    No Zombie-Survival.. but mystery monsters or animals.
    Roleplay Features. (sitting, emotions, cuddling.. ah no no no, handshaking o,o )
    Cooking with own receipts
    Farming

Bla. smile

• @xulture said:

We definitely want to add ability to program AI, but not sure if it will be Lua, or some other language, or some other visual programming interface. It needs to be simple but versatile.

With animations we'd love to allow people to mocap using Xbox Kinect.

Both of these are planned for 'later'

I am so happy that these things are already being discussed :) It really seems that you guys are taking this game to the next level of creativity! Its so cool.

My vote is for visual programming!! Go Go UE Blueprints lol!!

• Traverse Team

@Congh So far we have added a load of trees, herbs for crafting, various grass and a few rocks (will add more soon).

We are also planning on adding a 'tree creation' tool. So you can design your own trees.

There is a small chance that this tree will be upgraded to 'rare' tier and drop rare materials when harvested.

We have added quite a few mystical items so far. I will add a screenshot later to show you a few. We have also added lots of 'Harry Potter" style shops with interior, one being a wand shop :)

We will add lots of different animations and emotes for players to get into character. We have started adding a few already, such as sit down, sleep, wave , walk etc..

All props you can interact with. You can sit on every chair, toilet, couch or sleep on any bed. All houses have interior and you enter by clicking on the door and it opens.

Players will have the ability to write their own story for their planet. They can write their own quest lines. We are also trying to work out mechanics for players adding there own cut scenes.

• That sounds great. With such tools and features, the game will be certainly an eyecatcher. I'm curious.

Greetings

Congh

• Traverse Team

@Congh As promised a screenshot just for you! This was a quick mock up of some sort of Magical 'Harry Potter' style city you could build, with some of our magical props that players can craft/loot. Keep in mind all these shops have interior, opening door upon click, many separate rooms and staircase leading to 3 other levels!

magical_market.jpg

• Traverse Team

With a few pavements. some particles such as rubbish blowing around and NPC's such as a beggar on the street asking for a few coin. a kid chasing a cat. maybe add some better street lighting, smoke, fog and sounds of a busy city and it would look quite alive.

We also intend on adding ability to sell physical items in your shop, once you run out of stock the items will disappear from the shelves. We have the framework already so this will be trivial to implement.

• Can't talk. Can't find my jaw. :no_mouth:

• odd idea but the ability to throw down a grid over the terrain. The purpose of this is so you could create a world that anyone (as a game master [d&d, pathfinder, savage worlds, ect..]) could use the traverse world as a virtual battle mat.

• Traverse Team

@Steven-Smith You got yourself a deal! We'll add ability to overlay grid asap -- since its not a big piece.

Settings: x and y offset (so you get to move the lines horizontally where you need them), grid spacing (do you want x and y separated?), color (perhaps?), shape (square or hexa?)

I love the idea of people using Traverse for non-traverse purposes. We plan to look into interfacing with 3D printers too.

• @Xulture Awesome. As for spacing I'd go with whatever would comfortably fit an average sized character. Video game building and programming aren't my line of expertise so unfortunately I wouldn't know much in the way of proper terminology to be able to offer advice. But I do understand the x, y, and z axis. Also are there going to be any a.i. controlled npc's? Iif so is it possible to turn off the A.I. for individual npc's or all npc's so they could be moved around the map or manipulated manually?

• Traverse Team

When you're in design mode, you place markers where mobs will spawn. We haven't created the appearance of these markers, but perhaps we can give you options, to make them rendered as a mob statue (frozen in animation pose), or idling.. They won't be active.

• Since few days I got this idea what I would like to see in Traverse.
    Since traveling between planets is done via spaceship maybe add another system where players can make teleports and connected their/friends worlds.
    If we take it to another level you could also put "locks" on teleports. To remove lock you need "password" - digits/lever/trigger/key. (Yes I know too much time watching Stargate lol). But it would be kinda amazing for ppl to search for unique keys and visit planets that are hidden using normal spaceships.

• Traverse Team

Ohh that will be so cool!!

There is another method of transport, that we have to have, but its not really in-character. If you know about your destination, either because your friend gave you 'planet url' or because you watched someone's video and they posted it in comments, you can just warp there. This method will have some cooldown.

Your idea of special connected teleports is so cool though. If you need to complete some quests on one planet, perhaps you can win a key for the next planet.

You could build whole series of worlds like that..?

• Yes that was the idea. Make special hidden plantes where only way to get there is find key - as a physical object, digit password like Stargate or something else ;P. This way we could make hub planet with portals to other planets. This could work in many different ways. It could help make raids/dungeon progression(to get to D you need key from C, to get to C you need keys from A and .B) or treasurehunts. Another way is for a guild/friends just connect own plantes and make a living star system. Hell even players could trade more rare "keys" for cool hard to get worlds.

• I love the idea but there will need to also be a way to flag certain community built planets as "R" rated because people will build things that other people won't want to see. Unless adult only world's wont be allowed, in which case there goes my idea of building a proper Deadpool themed world. Not a deal breaker by any means but I am a deadpool nerd, and I have been even before the movie.

• Traverse Team

That's a tough one -- I think we'll have to keep everything that's available to general public as PG, and content that is out of line will be reported.

There is nothing stopping you from having private, invitation only, planets for audiences that don't object.

• @Aztar yeah. Great design of a magical or mysterian city.. looks very attractive, and that we can go in all of these Houses .. wow..

Traverse = Fairytale + imagination(2)

• Awesome work guys, breath taking game i'm looking forward to play it
    i just have one question is there any rideble animals or creatures in the game or a follower like your own pet, like you can make it carry things customize him etc .
    and i loved the Chains of War amazing job :+1:

• @Moneer-The-First said:

Awesome work guys, breath taking game i'm looking forward to play it
    i just have one question is there any rideble animals or creatures in the game or a follower like your own pet, like you can make it carry things customize him etc .

and i loved the Chains of War amazing job :+1:

Hi Moneer! There is a thread here that talks about pets and companions. http://forum.traverse.world/topic/18/pets-taming

Currently temporary pets are planned. This means you will gain little animal followers during your adventures. That will be based off of a sort of Karma system involving your player and the animal species.

As for specific mounts, there will be jet packs, trains and other methods of transportation with animal mounts being considered later on. :)

• @Xulture In regards to the D&D grid thing, it sounds like that would only be available to someone who designs their own planet, or can design mode be accessed by others with permission or something?

It would be neat to have a class of planets that are GM ready, but it would probably cause problems if more than one person was in design mode at one time...

Alright, I've lost track of where I was going with this. Sounds interesting though!

Looks like your connection to Traverse Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.