Added animated GIFs to show classes in action

• Traverse Team

We have updated the 'class' section of our website by adding animated GIFs to each class. I think it gives you a better idea of how each class will look.

We will be updating this page further with some more info about each class including all spells. http://traverse.world/game/classes/

We have also written more in the 'building' section and added a new picture. http://traverse.world/game/building/

Thanks to Alex who took part in some of the new write ups :+1:

If it doesn't load it up the first time you might have to force a reload.

Would love to know what class you prefer.

• Looks like someone might have been a bit tired near the end of the classes section, the style changed and "ranger" turned into "rager" at the end :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    Great descriptions and awesome gifs!

I'll probably be going with mage because I always do (and I still want to turn stuff into snowmen!! :smile: )

Quick 2-part question:
    I remember reading somewhere that we'll be able to change our characters 'DNA' after making the character, will we also be able to switch out the class? or is that a permanent choice? And part 2, regardless of if it is possible to switch, will it be possible to restrict access to a guild based on class(es)? (in essence, to make a 'magic' guild with only priests and mages, or 'fighter' guild with knights and barbarians)

• Traverse Team

@EternalSites Oh no I now get what you mean, off to fix it lol :dancer:

To answer your questions:

1. You will be able to change your appearance later down the line if you choose however you won't be able to change your class, that will be permanent.

2. Interesting question. The answer is yes, we hadn't really thought about adding that option but that is a great idea. I remember in WOW some rogue only guild - scary!

We were discussing the other day about allowing guilds to have a nominated spy. Let them join multiple guilds and go under cover :D

• In our own worlds will we have the option to design our own npc's to populate the world?
    Also how big are the worlds and are we each limited to just 1 of our own?

• Traverse Team

@Steven-Smith said:

In our own worlds will we have the option to design our own npc's to populate the world?
    Also how big are the worlds and are we each limited to just 1 of our own?

To some degree; the whole subject of creating animated character with sounds and AI is quite complex. At release we aim to allow customization of NPCs we provide, and customization of AI (one of the characters available to use as NPC is the player character - that one can be customized A LOT). We'd love to be able to offer full creation of NPCs but we'll have to look into it later.

Everyone will get one planet with the account; we may (TBD) need to charge extra for additional planets -- this really depends on what impact on resources we measure during alpha.

Size of the planet has to have a limit, and we'll find out exact numbers also during alpha. It will be larger than 1km sq, and smaller than 400km sq. (0.38mi sq to 150mi sq). As a reference World Of Warcraft Vanilla was 80mi sq including ocean between the two continents.

• @Xulture anywhere from .5% to 175% the size of World of Warcraft per planet. Not bad, I guess having a Daggerfall sized world would be a bit much :astonished: !

@Aztar Alright, that makes sense.
    The spy thing sounds interesting. Could be a class specialty of the Assassins, make one guild 'non-public' so only people in the guild know they're in it, while the others are all seen when looking at the profile or something. Of course, this could lead to Assassins being sort of 'outcasts' from the traverse society if people know they can do things like this. On the other hand, this would only impact the really serious players, so it may not be a problem for the vast majority. It could go either way.

In any case, an Assassins only guild would be terrifying... :skull: :skull: :skull:

• @EternalSites ahhh Daggerfall, :(

Just thinking of the shear amount of worlds and their potential sizes, with all their possibilities is staggering.....but so exciting!

• Traverse Team

@EternalSites said:

@Xulture anywhere from .5% to 175% the size of World of Warcraft per planet. Not bad, I guess having a Daggerfall sized world would be a bit much :astonished: !

Lets assume that we'll pull off half way between the two numbers, that'll be 70mi sq, PER PLANET. Traverse will be larger than 62k square miles by the time we get 886 subscribers ;-)

• :anguished: I hadn't considered that... This is going to be one massive universe. Or traverse..verse? Alright, that didn't work as well as I thought it would... Traviverse?

Looks like your connection to Traverse Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.