Real cash economic

• Hello there and greetings from indonesia.

I'm really waiting this game to play. Here's some idea. Put some real cash economic in this game system. Like entropia universe, that will be cool.

Tks, best regrads.

• @voltaire Welcome Voltaire:)

Great suggestion as its already one being discussed internally! :) As you can briefly read here http://traverse.world/game/trading-post/ it discuss the trading post and its immediate direction.

There hasn't been much revealed regarding the economy just yet, but there will be two 'coin' currencies. One involving real money and one in-game money. They will be interlinked and heavily tied into the world of Traverse and everything in it.

When we consider the economy in Traverse, we get very excited. We think about EVE, Planet Arkadia, Everquest 2 and others. So if you can read between the lines you can kinda of get a deeper sense of direction! It will have great depth and most certainly be one of the most important features.
    With that said, we need to be careful as its a fickle world out there. When people hear two currencies, they sometimes misconstrue it to mean negative things such as - 'Cash Shop, Pay to Win'. And they do this sometimes without informing themselves. So we are intentionally being tight lipped regarding it for the time being.

When a more concrete example is finally revealed, most likely during the the Greenlight campaign, we will have all the pertinent information to field all questions :)

Thanks, Alex

• Okay. First thing I am not saying this would be a deal breaker but I can say that without a doubt this will make people turn away. Many people (me included) will look for this in a game before even giving it a chance and tuck tail and run the second they see it. Second if you decide to use a real world currency PLEASE listen to your fan base and make sure you are not turning it into a pay to win or a cash shop without realizing it.Third, if possible try to make the system to where the players decide the real world currency to game implementing value. There are systems out there that do this. It's been a long time since I played but I think the game called The Infinite Black does this. Lastly, please make payment available to all by using many different payment options and the ability to save a payment option for future use. Please keep in mind I only mean this to be constructive criticism and I do NOT mean to attack you or the Traverse community in any way.

• Traverse Team

Main purpose of 'cash' currency is to allow players to trade items they create with others, and earn money if they wish, and if there are buyers interested.

We want to expand this further -- why should we limit what people choose to sell, and what people choose to buy with real money? If I loot a tradeable item and want to sell it for $1, if there is a buyer for it, why should we prevent this trade?

Items that are generated by us, if they are in the cash shop, they will all be vanity items and building accessories. Raid boss loot, and items that are difficult to craft will all be bind-on-pickup, so they won't be possible to trade.

• @Steven-Smith said:

Okay. First thing I am not saying this would be a deal breaker but I can say that without a doubt this will make people turn away. Many people (me included) will look for this in a game before even giving it a chance and tuck tail and run the second they see it. Second if you decide to use a real world currency PLEASE listen to your fan base and make sure you are not turning it into a pay to win or a cash shop without realizing it.Third, if possible try to make the system to where the players decide the real world currency to game implementing value. There are systems out there that do this. It's been a long time since I played but I think the game called The Infinite Black does this. Lastly, please make payment available to all by using many different payment options and the ability to save a payment option for future use. Please keep in mind I only mean this to be constructive criticism and I do NOT mean to attack you or the Traverse community in any way.

Awesome Steve for bringing up your concerns. Thanks!

I had a feeling the mere mention of real cash could trigger a discussion such as this. :laughing: But its certainly not doom and gloom! Its good to have these early in development right?

I want to just touch on the specific economies I listed. Eve, Entropia Universe (Planet Arkadia) and EQ2 are all very different. I just wanted to get some people thinking about possibilities and directions.

Eve was mentioned more for scope than anything. Its a vast, complex, realistic economy that is run by the community of players. The more active the better. It does use a game time currency that is trade-able on a market which is fairly common in mmorpgs that use a sub system now-a-day. There won't be a subscription for Traverse.

Entropia Universe was mentioned more for demonstrating the use of a deposit real cash, withdrawn real cash system. It mainly points out that there will be a possibility of making real money. You can do this with resources, rare items and crafted items. Anything more about EU shouldn't really be considered as its not the best example lol.

Everquest 2 was mentioned because it demonstrates player created items can hold real cash value. Which is so exciting imho! For example if you are not an adventurer or pvper but you are a builder. You can spend your time with the building tools creating blueprints to sell for real money. This is a fantastic concept that has other potential possibilities down the road, like maybe a 3D modelling tool in game. How cool would that be?

Of course I am just merely pointing out my train of thought:) Now if you couple all of these examples together, you can begin to flesh out some possibilities. A certainly something that will need to be discussed in depth at a later date. ;) None of it will however involve buying powerful weapons and armor to defeat raid bosses or own in PvP.

Regarding the currency value and payment methods, I believe Aztar and Xulture (Our wonderful lead developers) are more than happy to discuss this openly with the community and hopefully gain some wonderful ideas!

Thanks for the constructive criticism and keep it coming!

Alex

• @Alex said:

None of it will however involve buying powerful weapons and armor to defeat raid bosses or own in PvP.

This is what I was hoping to hear. Nice. :-)

• @Xulture I can get behind this.Not a bad way to involve real cash.

• @Steven-Smith said in Real cash economic:

Okay. First thing I am not saying this would be a deal breaker but I can say that without a doubt this will make people turn away. Many people (me included) will look for this in a game before even giving it a chance and tuck tail and run the second they see it. Second if you decide to use a real world currency PLEASE listen to your fan base and make sure you are not turning it into a pay to win or a cash shop without realizing it.Third, if possible try to make the system to where the players decide the real world currency to game implementing value. There are systems out there that do this. It's been a long time since I played but I think the game called The Infinite Black does this. Lastly, please make payment available to all by using many different payment options and the ability to save a payment option for future use. Please keep in mind I only mean this to be constructive criticism and I do NOT mean to attack you or the Traverse community in any way.

I would say that having this in game would be a dream for many players. It would bring in a lot of players who would love to have the freedom this would give players. Some really amazing games are using bitcoin blockchain tech already and have in game assets tied to the blockchain. Simply amazing things happening.

• Traverse Team

@Bits said in Real cash economic:

I would say that having this in game would be a dream for many players. It would bring in a lot of players who would love to have the freedom this would give players. Some really amazing games are using bitcoin blockchain tech already and have in game assets tied to the blockchain. Simply amazing things happening.

We'll work towards allowing as many external systems as possible, like PayPal, Bitcoin, and whatever other wallets players ask for. The whole idea is to keep it open and easy. If people want to spend real money to buy items from other players -- they can. And when this happens, seller can draw those funds out of the game.

Looks like your connection to Traverse Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.